15 July 2007

Extra Extra! TX Dinner Party without Salsa!!

Rumor has it that a dinner party was held in Houston recently without the presence of Salsa. Or chips. Or avocado-based substances,

Let me repeat in different words: No TexMex to be seen.

Oh wait, it was at my house!

SHG and I had about 12 friends over for Deutsches Essen the other night. It was a great party, very successful, with essentially no leftovers.

As it should have been, considering we cooked for 7 hours!

We had Rouladen, Goulasch Suppe, Kartoffeln, Rot Kohl, and Obst Torte.

The blow-by-blow of doing this for 15:

5 lbs of bacon....

5 lbs of onions...


Meat...

Helper...

All lined up...

Daddy, I am hungry you know!!

All filled...
And rolled...

Maybe if I guard the trash...

9 lbs of potatoes...

Stuffed stove... Yes, I cook with cast iron...
Yes, I made that....

Post-party disaster! Remember, the success of a party scales directly with the mess!!


Found somebodies burst button the next morning...!