18 June 2009

Update

Well it certainly has been a very long time since I posted here. Life got kind of crazy.

Parents are successfully installed in their apartment and are slowly adjusting. The heat wave we are experiencing right now is not helping, and my dad is antsy. I think his Alzheimer's is getting worse. He insisted on going to Germany to see my uncle in May, so we booked him on a two week trip, with wheelchair assistance all along the way to help him through immigration/customs and making connections. He got there just fine. After a couple of days he wanted to come home, so it was a whirlwind trip. On the day we were to pick him up at the airport, we waited for five hours, but he was nowhere to be found. A very nice immigration officer helped us out and told us he missed his connection in Frankfurt do to, of all things, a lack of wheelchairs! Damned Lufthansa! They would up routing him through Philadelphia and he arrived that night, weary and confused. Disaster averted.

Two weeks ago he took a fall and had to go to the hospital because he could not speak and I was afraid he had a stroke. Turns out it was just a fall, no explanation as to why he could not speak. Again, disaster avoided.

Not really much new here other than that. My parents have put doing anything with house in NJ on hold. The job hunt is going slowly for me.