21 September 2009

Update - late September

Well, it has been a long long time since I provided an update on what is going on in my world. Here are the essentials:

Job Hunt: Sucks.

Parents: Dad's wandering got really bad. He got in the habit of getting on the bus! The police brought him home a few times, I found him others. A month ago he went into the dementia and Alzheimer's care section of an assisted living in North Houston. It's kinda far away from here - 1/2 hour by car, but it was the best one I could find. He is adjusting slowly, but doing OK. It is a big adjustment for Mom, too, now living by herself in the apartment and being physically separated from my Dad for the first time in 52 years.

Pets: All doing well except that I had to put Frik to sleep because he was paralyzed. Very sad about that. Pups come back from Austin on October 4, Yay!

SHG: Good, my rock.