06 November 2005

professional spam

I hate spam. We all hate spam. Spam spam spam.
 
What I really cannot stand, though, is "professional" spam. For example, I attend a conference and the conference somehow gets my email addy. After the conference, I get some marketing emails from assorted exhibitors. OK, fine, I do that as well as part of my job (with a little footer about the U.S. Can-Spam Act, and a dedicated unsubscribe email addy).
 
But then one keeps sending them as a "daily industry news update!", every day, with no unsubscribe information. I reply to the email, I go to their website, I call them, etc etc etc, and I cannot get off their fucking list. This really, really, makes me want to use their services. Fuckers. Most likely, they're just stupid, not malicious. Which makes it worse, because this is not rocket science.

Feh.